This is an important meeting to attend if you can.
Meeting of the California Water Commission
State of California, Resources Building
1416 Ninth Street, First Floor Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95814
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Beginning at 9:30 a.m.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of April 2016 Meeting Minutes
4. Executive Officer’s Report
The Executive Officer will report on various matters addressed since the previous Commission meeting.
5. Commission Member Reports
An opportunity for members to disclose any meetings or conversations related to Commission business since the previous Commission meeting.
6. Public Testimony
Although no formal Commission action will be taken, this is an opportunity for interested members of the public to address the Commission regarding items of interest that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction, but that do not specifically appear on the agenda.
7. Update on State Water Project Critical Issues
DWR staff will provide an informational update on the construction and operation of the State Water Project per California Water Code §165.
Action Item: Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Implementation: Consider Adoption of Final Draft Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) Regulations
DWR staff will present the Final Draft GSP Regulations for Commission consideration and adoption.
9. Legislative Update
DWR staff will provide an update on State legislation relevant to the activities of DWR and the Commission.
10. Briefing on Designing Effective Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSAs) by Michael Kiparsky
Dr. Michael Kiparsky of UC Berkeley will brief the Commission on a framework for evaluating GSA governance.
11. Update on Program and Administrative Activities for the Water Storage Investment Program (WSIP)
Commission staff will update the Commission on activities undertaken to implement the Water Storage Investment Program.
12. Consideration of Items for the Next California Water Commission Meeting
*The Commission may break for lunch as needed.*