RE: SWRCB Workshop on SCWA, Tuesday May 6
Dear all –
We do not yet have a timeline for when the SCWA report Workshop Item #10. Presentation by Sonoma County Water Agency providing comments and status reports on the Agency’s water development projects in the Russian River watershed.
See also agenda items #6 Consideration of the Baseline Enforcement Report, Fiscal Year 2006-2007
and #9 Presentation regarding hydrologic modeling of water diversions from North Coast streams.
As soon as anyone gets some times for potential start times, please post.
STATE WATER BOARD
Tuesday, May 6, 2008 – 10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member;
Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the April 15, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS* (Items 3-5)
*3. Consideration of a proposed Order granting an extension of time to apply water to full beneficial use under permit of Dieter Siegemund/Siegemund Family Trust.
[ Staff Change #1 ]
*4. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the Executive Director to apply for, accept, and/or amend a federal Clean Water Act section 319(h) grant and authorizing execution and amendment of contracts for support of the nonpoint source program.
*5. Consideration of a Resolution approving supplemental funding for a grant to the County Of Merced for development of a Model Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP) for Confined Animal Operations Using Water Code (WC) §79114.2, added by the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (2000 Bond Act)
OFFICE OF ENFORCEMENT/OFFICE OF RESEARCH, PLANNING & PERFORMANCE
6. Consideration of the Baseline Enforcement Report, Fiscal Year 2006-2007 and information on the proposed Cal/EPA Enforcement Report. (Written comments are due on April 28, 2008 by 12 p.m.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution to approve $400,000 in Cleanup and Abatement Account funds (CAA) for a Water Quality Enforcement Pilot Project (Pilot Project) for the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (Los Angeles Regional Water Board)/
8. Consideration of a Resolution requiring Sustainable Water Resources Management.
9. Presentation regarding hydrologic modeling of water diversions from North Coast streams.
10. Presentation by Sonoma County Water Agency providing comments and status reports on the Agency’s water development projects in the Russian River watershed.
11. Board Member Organizational Issues – Continued discussions from April 16, 2008 board meeting concerning management of the State Water Resources Control Board and development of the Water Boards’ Strategic Plan Update. No specific items of business will be discussed and no board action will be taken. (Conference Room 2510.)
CLOSED SESSION ITEM
Closed Sessions are not open to the public
The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order concerning petitions for reconsideration of Order WR-2008-0014, which is related to water rights owned by Yuba County Water Agency. This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., April 29, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., May 2, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “5/6/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341 5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/2008.html.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Office of Employee Assistance, at (916) 341-5881.