The special scoping session for our comments on the Notice of Preparation for the North Bay Water Reuse Program will be tomorrow:
Wednesday, 8/6, 10am – 11.30am
ESA Consultants Office (preparers of the EIR/EIS)
1425 N. McDowell Blvd, Suite 105 (Redwood Business Park)
Phone: 707/ 795-0900
This is our opportunity to provide comments on what we believe should be included in the scope of review in the Draft EIR/EIS.
– What alternatives should be included in their documentation, beyond their current 3 project options, “big, bigger and biggest”?
– What impacts, primary and secondary, should be examined?
– Are there better uses for this treated wastewater?
– How important is it for the Draft EIR/EIS to address impacts on the source waters (Russian R, Eel R, groundwater basins)?
– Should NWBRA member sanitary districts (and SCWA) be working to reduce through-put of water/wastewater before trying to build a system to recycle and use as much as possible, in Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Solano Counties? Are there incentives to reduce potable water demands in the first place, or is this a vehicle to find long-term, new customers for more water usage?
– Who should pay for storage and distribution costs?
– Should this EIR/EIS be addressing ways to reach zero carbon footprint? reduced GHG emissions? lessened horsepower for pumping?
Please take the time to come to this important scoping session – if it’s not suggested, don’t expect SCWA and NBWRA to include your ideas.
See you tomorrow morning. Thanks again for all your help and interest.